ENTER THE CHAMPIONSHIPS
We're giving away prizes to the value of $3,840 USD!
- Pianist Category: Winner $300 / 2nd Place $100 / 3rd Place $50
- Champion Category: Winner $150
- Member Category: Winner $300
- Teacher Category: Winner $350 / Runner-up $150
- Class Category: 20 Virtual Piano Memberships worth $1,000
- School Category: 30 Virtual Piano Memberships worth $1,440
Choose between prizes as Cash in USD or Amazon Vouchers
Virtual Piano prizes are normally in the form of Amazon Vouchers however, for the first year in 2021, Winners will be able to choose between receiving cash (in USD via Wise or Paypal) or Amazon Vouchers of the same value. Virtual Piano Memberships are set prizes for Class and School categories intended to be used by students and cannot be swapped with cash or vouchers.
Producing a winning entry
- Rhythm & accuracy: Whatever song you choose, make sure you press the correct keys (accuracy) at the correct time (rhythm). This really will make a great difference to the final outcome of your performance.
- Use Virtual Piano music sheets: Choose a recognisable song by a known artist. Personal compositions cannot be rated accurately and will not be accepted.
- Video submission quality: If you are submitting a video, ensure Virtual Piano logo and URL VirtualPiano.net is clearly visible at the top and that your sound is of high quality. Low-quality videos will not be accepted. Optimise your video so it is less than 100MB in file size.
- Clear sound, without noise: When you are recording, ensure that there isn't too much background noise. Record your browser sound, not your microphone. Make sure you close other applications during your performance, so your computer is not slow.
- Use Cloudapp or a similar screen recorder to record your Virtual Piano performance. Download CloudApp free at getcloudapp.com
- Member recordings: If you're a member of Virtual Piano, before you start your performance, make sure you're logged-in to benefit from the platform's super fast engine and your preferred settings. As a member, each time you play a song well, it increases your Pianist Rating.
Practice makes perfect
Regular practice helps to improve hand, eye coordination and concentration. Develop your self-discipline and experience the self-confidence boost that progress in music provides. Above all, the competitions are all about having fun and challenging yourself. So, refine your skills, enjoy music at its best and feel the thrill of healthy competition with people like you across the world!
Please note that the main purpose of these competitions is to improve your skills, create and play great music, and have some fun along the way. So it would be more enjoyable for all if you show kindness, be courteous towards your fellow virtual pianists and respect the final decision of the championship judges. Spread only positive energy and please respect the Virtual Piano House Rules at all times.
- Schedule: The Virtual Piano World Championships 2021 take place between 01 July 2021 and 20 December 2021.
- Only on VirtualPiano.net: All entries must be recorded using VirtualPiano.net. Recordings on other platforms imitating Virtual Piano do not qualify and will not be accepted.
- Multiple submissions: You can enter multiple categories. If you're not satisfied with your first performance you can re-submit your entry before the given deadlines.
- Record New Videos: Only NEW videos recorded for the 2021 championships on or after the 1st of July 2021 will be considered valid.
- Clean videos: Submitted videos need to be free of watermarks/branding with the full piano clearly visible.
- Deadlines: Entries submitted after the closing dates will not be considered.
- Right to void: If the number or quality of entries for a specific category is inadequate, Virtual Piano retains the right to void that category.
- Forms to complete: In order to qualify, competitors must first complete the Championships entry form to gain their Unique ID and then once ready, submit their videos via the Google Entry form link, in compliance with the instructions.
- 1 category video at a time: Contestants must complete the Google Entry Form separately for each category video submission.
- Quality of videos: For the video-based categories, winners will be chosen based on the overall quality of the video. This includes visual clarity, sound quality, rhythm, accuracy and overall presentation.
- For the Champion category, you are encouraged to play by hand, without any assistance. It is the overall quality of the video that will be judged.
- For the Teacher category, the student testimonial must be from a current or recent student and should be no more than three sentences.
- Virtual Piano prizes are normally in the form of Amazon Vouchers however, for the first year in 2021, Winners will be able to choose between receiving cash (in USD via Wise or Paypal) or Amazon Vouchers of the same value. Virtual Piano Memberships are set prizes for Class and School categories intended to be used by students and cannot be swapped with cash or vouchers.
- Zero tolerance for defamatory actions: Contestants who engage in defamatory actions on any Virtual Piano channels will be disqualified from the competition, their entry will be removed and blacklisted from the network.
- Changes: Where deemed necessary, the championship terms may be changed or modified at any time.
- Right to the final decision: The promoters reserve the right to make the final decision on the entire competition process and will not accept appeals, nor enter any correspondence.
- Promoter: Virtual Piano, Crystal Magic Studio, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX, UK.
- You can learn more about our general Terms & Conditions here.
- By submitting your video to Virtual Piano, you agree to give Virtual Piano permission to display your content on VirtualPiano.net and its channels.
- To protect the privacy of contestants, their full names will not be shown on the platform. The format will be the first name initial, followed by the last name.
- Any information you submit on Virtual Piano will not be passed on to third parties. We will not make your personal details available outside our organisation without your consent unless obliged to by law.